Thursday, March 13, 2014

In problems

We all face problems. No matter how 'nice'
we think we are.
We're never perfectly safe, no matter how
safe we play it.
By virtue of our inherited impurity,
as sons of Adam and daughters of Eve.
And so, on the precipice, the cliff, of concession,
the ever tempting voice whispering, screaming
"But why?"
..revisits us, oh so hauntingly
Oh so sinister.

Right here and now.
I look down and see water..
wish for water..
blue and dark.
To dive in. Engulfed.
..and Kick! Punch! SCREAM!
Release myself.

For on ground I am as a prisoner
bound and restricted.
A silent, slow suffering seeing thee to death.

In water... free, weightless!
And I envy the Neil Armstrongs,
the moonwalkers.

And yet, for the price of physical freedom,
I dance with death!
Suffocation. Discomfort. Cold.
A fast, fear-filled suffering that leads squarely
to the dreaded destination.

And yet, the remedy.. the assured remedy
to all woes
is to enact that very desire;
To let go
To have faith. To fall and to believe
in the Higher Power.
In the (fact) that all things happen for good.

Faith without action is dead. Indeed.
A life of faithlessness
is a life leading to that unwelcome end.

Simply, my words are nought if not applied.

Faith in the Word. Friction from doubt.
A constant tag-of-war in the human conscious.
Yes, even the great have been encumbered,
weighed down by this wrangle.

I pray. I once again look up.
Relentlessly. Constantly. Yearningly.
Yes, faithfully!
For I haven't another choice.

The road. Yes, that's it. The road
that forks at the yellow wood.
One faith. One doubt.

So.. what'll it be sonny?
Self-dependence.. or divine dependence?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment