Saturday, March 29, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF AN INTROVERT: PART 4


That moment,
When you shut the door,
And it all comes rushing,
torrential, merciless,
Hot and heavy
Bubbling and brimming,
Scolding and steaming.

Argh!
I thrust the towel,
The clothes, the objects,
To the ground!
And an inexplicable fury,
Like a hot coal,
Delicate, dangerous,
Rises to the surface,
Angry at the world!
Angry at life,
Unfair, unseemly.
Do the heavens mock me,
The spirits find jest in my groveling?

Lost in the tousle and tangle,
I plead to Someone,
Look to the azure sky,
Expectantly,
All the same,
And always the same,
Silent,
Torturous in its indifference.
"I beseech thee, speak!"

And for the umpteenth time,
I wave the white banner,
In blatant concession,
No more! Please!
"Thou could'st endure no more!"

Pure, unconcealed, unrefined
Torture!
Rains upon me,
Every morn and night,
Springing to life seeds, weeds
of suff'ring.

When till the calm,
When till the calm I say!





I'm fine | sadness | tears | fragile | fragility | sad | depressed | upset | www.republicofyou.com.au

2 comments:

  1. We should hang out more, we should get out of the melancholic state of introvert arms :) and go out there and enjoy the beauty of what life is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Just as soon as we close, in two weeks time! :)

    ReplyDelete