Friday, March 21, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF AN INTROVERT: PART 3


Clouds...
The occasional clouds,
Sweeping above,
In front of me,
Distorting, obscuring the world
Into a grey, isolating
Mass of confusion.
Noises I can hardly render,
Discern.

I'm an island.
Undiscovered, yet disturbed
by the passing storms.

Yearning..
that's all the island does.
Yearning for the
Occasional castaway..
No, not this one,
Sorry, not that.

One to discover the
Paradise within the
Jungle.
But nigh.

I feel an entity,
Pushing me back,
Dragging me away,
Away from everything,
everyone.
Away from life.
Save me, please!

Hot, hot tears,
Held back, burn
My head, My throat,
My heart.

Helpless,
Screaming within,
Someone!
Please.

Am I alone?
A shadow?
A mere presence, that
Was?

That throbbing ache,
Is up again,
Like the ticking of a clock,
Tick tock.


2 comments: