Thursday, February 27, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF AN INTROVERT: PART 1

"It is not external things, but our thoughts about them, that bind us or set us free." - James Allen

The Voice
The voice within me. The voice of reason. The voice of restraint. The overruling, authoritarian voice that has, over the years, established a will of its own, utterly immune to whatever 'self-control' forces that are exerted upon it.

The overly cautious, overly suppressing (and yet unsuppressed) voice that bars my internal persona from revealing itself to the outside world.. to the seemingly dogmatic, dictatorial world.
Lo! The voice is not unlike a dark cloak that allows sight only to what it desires.

And so, I ask and even wonder, as I have my entire life: How do I, alongside my inner workings, plot a coup against this tyrannous agent? How do we step above the voice? Become our own selves? Realize the outward identity we so ravenously yearn for?
It may sound laughably utopian, but it's possible! I know it is!

For now, I reminisce, a lump of discontent in the throat, about an encounter with close friends! And spin a delusive version of the lacklustre matter of events, complete with words and gestures that could have been! ..and yet were repressed, bottled up by this menacing cloak! ..only to manifest themselves in the form of this cancerous lump of discontent and thickset frustration.

How to step out of oneself? How to be more than the voice.. How?

That's an ultimatum I serve up to the table. A constructive question whose answer: the key to a greater, more fulfilling, freeing and far-reaching existence, underpinned by unprecedented unadulterated freedom.

http://wallpaperspoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Running-Horse-wallpaper-hd-1080p.jpg
Freedom

Then again, there is something ever so appealing about the grass on the other side, don't you think?

Perplexed,

Jude.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment