Sunday, April 27, 2014

I LIE IN BED


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/157485318189985389/
 
I lie in bed. Totally overcome by a persistent flu, and the helpless feeling that comes with a blocked nose is in a word 'unbearable'. I'm not one to complain. I'm one to dream. For it is dreams that give me comfort when I'm bombarded by life's chores, life's cycle of struggle. It is dreams that tell me, reassure me that there is a greater purpose to all this. It is a dream that grabs my arm and whisks me away into a fantastical, flamboyant world of freedom. Where the sun is always shining and the grass is ever green. Where the flowers always flourish and the rivers run blue and clean.
 
 

I dream now, of myself as a bird. Small but swift, singing merrily as I embrace the skies, taking it all in. The rush of air between my feathers. The freedom and unbounded possibility. I can spin and glide and whish as I please. And my very soul smiles. For I am free. Free to chase after the setting sun. Free to sing and dance and be!

Me.
 
 
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 

I lie in bed. An untidy bed. In an untidy room. All of which mirrors the inner turmoil that has swept through my mind. Utterly devastating the landscapes of my conscience. Of my being. My inner peace. If the flu is an agent of discourse, the all-consuming avalanche of procrastinated work is a ship-turner. And so, the non-primitive workings of my brain ask, "So why are you lying in bed?"
 
http://holding--on--for--life.tumblr.com/post/82272285801

And I have no answer. 

Only the plethora of excuses I have been so keen to devise.

The room has now assumed a grey tint, signaling dusk and the loss of another day to say, “I’m finally done with work!"

And for the umpteenth time I wonder, and doubt as to the existence of such a moment.

I clear my throat and rub my eyes. My face flashed, as though from a steam room.

Sigh. They say silence is therapeutic, balancing; but at times like this it is nothing short of the contrary. It is mocking, unsettling, and every tick of the alarm clock beside me is another piece of me, scraped away by the cold unforgiving silence.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment